Monday, May 4, 2009

Celebrating "The Lyons Den" Atlanta Style

The second stop on my "The Lyons Den book release tour" allowed me to avoid interstate or airport traffic. (YAY!) The celebration was held on April 11th and was hosted by the ladies of Imani Book Club (see photo at left).

Supporters gathered at the Auburn Avenue Research Library and joined me for an afternoon of food, fellowship, and some awesome live entertainment. In the way of entertainment, author, Terence B. Lester, ministered through a moving spoken word piece. His talent was followed by Antonio Allen who brought the crowd to its feet when he rendered an inspirational medley from his latest album, "The Air I Breathe." And the final layer of icing was placed on the cake when Emmy Award winning poet, Hank Stewart shared one of his most popular pieces, simply entitled "It." Everybody who came to this event was special to me, but I have to send a special shout out to my husband and daughters, the members of the Delta chapter of Iota Phi Lambda (the baddest sorority in the world), all of the local area authors who attended, Praise 102.5's radio personality, Rhodell Lewis (a.k.a. "Rhodell in the ATL") for stopping in to support, and to the local members of my national aspiring and new writers group, The Writer's Cocoon Focus Group.

It was no surprise to me that Imani Book Club did an outstanding job of organizing the Atlanta affair. This book club is one of the longest standing ones that I've ever fellowshipped with, and after more than fifteen years, they are still going strong and being a major support system to authors everywhere. And I absolutely LOVE the beautiful 'Daniel in the Lion's Den' matching Bible cover and journal that they presented to me in private at the close of the celebration. How creative of them to match the gift with the book's theme!

Thank you, Imani Book Club, and thank you, Atlanta, GA for the mad home town support!

Photos from the Atlanta event can be viewed by clicking HERE.

No comments: