Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Two Out of Three Ain't Bad

The official announcement came on the eve of Thursday, September 25th, during the 4th Annual African American Literary Awards Show, which took place at the Harlem Gatehouse in Harlem, NY. This year, I was nominated for three of the prestigious awards, and was blessed to win two of them: Best Christian Fiction of the Year for Battle of Jericho and Best Short Story/Anthology of the Year for This Far By Faith, an anthology title that I share with noted authors, Stacy Hawkins Adams and Linda Hudson-Smith, who also have short stories in the collection.

A heartfelt "Thank you" goes to everyone who sent in enough nominations to place my books on the "finalist" lists, and to those who voted in the online poll and made Battle of Jericho and This Far By Faith winners. The third category in which I was recognized a finalist was Best Independent Publisher. For the second year in a row, my company, KNB Publications, LLC was nominated for that award and made it to the final round. Although, in the end, it was not chosen the winner, I count it a blessing to be recognized as an independent publisher whose work is worthy of such an honorable mention.

God is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mrs. Norman-Bellamy. You deserve it. I haven't read the anthology, but Battle of Jericho is the best CF of the year in my book too. That book would make an excellent movie. You are an amazing writer and I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the next release. God bless you.